AT YOUR FIRST VISIT
The Details of The Exam and Evaluation
Whether you are taking the first step towards optimal dental health or making a change of dental office, we are excited to invite you into our practice.
Dentistry at Redmond Town Dental revolves around the relationships that we create with our patients. Every patient is unique and we are here to treat you as an individual. To begin this journey we take the time to establish each patient with a comprehensive exam and evaluation with Dr. Sayyah.
During your first visit, there are a couple of things to keep in mind. It is a really good idea to discuss any dental concerns that you have had or past experiences that you would like to share with the doctor. It is also a good idea to obtain records from a previous dental office so we can have them available at your first visit.
The team at Redmond Town Dental is committed to providing you and your family with safe, gentle, high-quality dental care. We understand that you, or your family members, may feel anxious about your first visit. We are sensitive to your needs, and it is our goal to make you feel comfortable visiting our practice as we provide the best care possible for all of patients.
Review Medical RecordsAre there are health concerns or dental experiences that you would like to share with Dr. Sayyah
Oral Cancer SreeningEarly detection is prevention, ask us about VELscope
X-RaysWe use digital technology to capture images of your teeth.
Periodontal and Occlusal ExamExaminations of your gum health and the occlusion of your teeth is important for the doctor to develop a comprehensive picture of your oral health.
Cavity DetectionThe detection of cavities has been updated with modern technology, Doctor will use intraoral cameras as well as laser technology to determine and diagnose.
Treatment PlanningFollowing a comprehensive evaluation we have the ability to offer a completely customized treatment plan designed just for you.
Your Visit - It's All About You,Your Comfort and Your Needs
At Redmond Town Dental attention to detail is important, as Dr. Sayyah performs a multi-step exam to assess and review all your dental needs. Our comprehensive exam includes:
- Review And Update Medical Records – Dr. Sayyah will begin by updating your current oral health history, including your list of medications, and discussing with you any other health problems you may be experiencing.affect your oral health.
- Oral Cancer Screening – Using a VELscope and other digital equipment, Dr. Sayyah will look for lesions, tissue discoloration, and other potential symptoms of oral cancer. This step is especially important for patients over 40, or those who smoke or use tobacco in any form.
- X-Rays And Digital Imaging – Using digital x-rays, Dr. Sayyah will assess the condition of your teeth, gums, and the underlying jawbone. X-rays are also useful for detecting oral cancer early, before it spreads.
- Periodontal Examination – Dr. Sayyah will assess the overall health of your gums, looking for signs of gingivitis. Common signs of gingivitis include tooth/gum sensitivity, bleeding while brushing, and redness or inflammation of the gums.
- Occlusal Examination – We will look for any potential malocclusion (bite problems) with your teeth. A dramatic shift in the bite can indicate a number of potential oral health problems.
- Cavity Exam With Intra-Oral Camera – Unlike most family dentists in Redmond, Dr. John Sayyah uses a specialized intraoral camera to detect cavities. This allows us to quickly identify tooth decay. Then, we can determine your course of treatment and decide to proceed with dental fillings, or if another treatment such as fluoride or a dental sealant is the right choice for you.
At Redmond Town Dental we understand the importance of oral health for your individual care. We provide our patients with an exceptional level of dental health care including oral health consultations, dental hygiene and any necessary dental treatment planning.
Dr. Sayyah believes that patient education of oral health and hygiene is extremely important. One of the exceptional differences that patients find in our practice is that Dr. Sayyah takes the time to education his patients on their treatment. With a better understanding of why a particular treatment is needed, patients feel more comfortable proceeding with their treatment. This is true for you as an individual and also for those of you with families. Early education of oral health care instills excellent habits for children, teens and adults. Teaching the entire family about oral hygiene can help everyone maintain a healthy and beautiful smile for life.