Health And Safety Is Our Top Priority
A Letter From The Dentist
I hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has faced many trials over the last few months, and I am sure we are all looking forward to resuming our normal lives and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety.
As we open our doors again, I wanted to share what we are doing to keep all of you protected. I know these are still uncertain times, but I want to assure you that we are doing everything possible to create a safe environment in the office, one that you will feel comfortable and confident to visit for your dental care.
Infection control has always been a top priority in the field of dentistry. Within our practice, you may have noticed the precautionary measures that we always take during your visits. When you receive care, infection control procedures help to make the environment safe and comfortable. One unique feature of our office is our treatment room set up. Our office was designed with individual treatment rooms with closing doors, each room is divided by floor to ceiling walls. In this current environment, this is highly beneficial to aide in reducing the risk of aerosols traveling between patients and throughout the treatment rooms of the office. This is something we never think about, but right now it is an important added safety measure for all patients.
Additionally, Redmond town Dental follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the regulations of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
At your next appointment in the office, you will see the following changes made to help protect all patients and staff:
- Our office will communicate with you prior to your appointment for a medical screening.
- Face masks or coverings will be required for entrance into the office.
- Please come alone to your visit. In compliance with social distancing, we must ask that appointments are patient only. (No spouses, children, or others)
- Sanitizing stations are available; we ask that you use them when you enter the office prior to check-in.
- You may see that our waiting room no longer offer magazines, refreshments, and children’s toys, as those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- A protective barrier has also been set up in the front office reception area.
- The office is now equipped with medical grade air purification systems. Placed in each treatment room and all common areas, The air purification systems are certified for performance of air delivery and particle filtration efficiency of ultra-fine particles down to 0.003 microns in size.
- Extraoral suction systems have been installed in each treatment room to remove high volumes of droplets and aerosols produced during treatment.
- Appointments are scheduled to allow for appropriate social distancing between patients. This could temporarily limit some availability.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back all patients, neighbors, and friends. As we navigate through these changes, I will do my best, along with our wonderful staff, to ensure your health and safety.
F. John Sayyah M.D.,D.D.S.
Enhanced Safety ProtocolsOur priority is to ensure the safety of all patients and employees.
We CareYour concerns are important to us. We share your value for health and safety; it is our commitment and top priority.
COVID-19 Medical ScreeningFor the safety and monitoring of patient health, we will be conducting medical screening for all patients.
What should I expect at my next appointment?
We have been working very hard to establish the new normal in our office. We do appreciate everyone’s concern for safety; we are doing our best to ensure that in all of our precautionary measures. We just ask for your patience as we navigate through these new procedures. Here is what you should expect at your next appointment:
- Face masks/coverings are currently required in the office.
- At this time, in accordance with social distancing, we ask that you please come alone to your appointment. (No spouses, children, or others permitted during appointments)
- Due to capacity limitations, we ask that you arrive on time because we have set timing of patient arrivals to limit interaction.
- When arriving for your appointment, we ask that you visit the sanitizing station before check-in.
- We have set up a front desk barrier for extra precaution.
- Temperature screening and an oral mouth rinse will be administered to all patients prior to treatment.
- Please review the medical screening prior to your visit and if you answer yes to any of the questions, please call for further instructions and rescheduling.