Dental Care For You and The Family
Family Dentist In Redmond - Dr. F. John Sayyah
Family dentistry is for patients of all ages and we offer the most comprehensive dental care in Redmond.
At Redmond Town Dental we understand the importance of oral health for you and your family. We provide our patients with an exceptional level of dental health care including oral health consultations, dental hygiene and any necessary dental treatment.
Dr. Sayyah believes that family dentistry is important because early education of oral health care instills excellent habits. Teaching the entire family about oral hygiene can help everyone maintain a healthy and beautiful smile for life. Family dentistry is an substantial part of Redmond Town Dental for adults, adolescents and children.
Tooth PainTooth pain can be caused by various problems. Oral examination can help determine the cause.
Broken or Chipped ToothChipped teeth can be treated either by cosmetic bonding or porcelain restoration.
Cavities & DecayWe use modern technology to detect decay in the earliest stages, saving and preserving your teeth.
Tooth StainsWe offer a couple of whitening procedures to brighten your teeth and return the smile yo tour face.
At Redmond Town Dental attention to detail is important, as Dr. Sayyah performs a multi-step exam to assess and review all your dental needs. Our comprehensive exam includes:
- Review And Update Medical Records – Dr. Sayyah will begin by updating your current oral health history, including your list of medications, and discussing with you any other health problems you may be experiencing.affect your oral health.
- Oral Cancer Screening – Using a VELscope and other digital equipment, Dr. Sayyah will look for lesions, tissue discoloration, and other potential symptoms of oral cancer. This step is especially important for patients over 40, or those who smoke or use tobacco in any form.
- X-Rays And Digital Imaging – Using digital x-rays, Dr. Sayyah will assess the condition of your teeth, gums, and the underlying jawbone. X-rays are also useful for detecting oral cancer early, before it spreads.
- Periodontal Examination – Dr. Sayyah will assess the overall health of your gums, looking for signs of gingivitis. Common signs of gingivitis include tooth/gum sensitivity, bleeding while brushing, and redness or inflammation of the gums.
- Occlusal Examination – We will look for any potential malocclusion (bite problems) with your teeth. A dramatic shift in the bite can indicate a number of potential oral health problems.
- Cavity Exam With Intra-Oral Camera – Unlike most family dentists in Redmond, Dr. John Sayyah uses a specialized intraoral camera to detect cavities. This allows us to quickly identify tooth decay. Then, we can determine your course of treatment and decide to proceed with dental fillings, or if another treatment such as fluoride or a dental sealant is the right choice for you.